At Princeton Academy, we deliver an authentic American Preschool style curriculum, based on the early childhood learning goals outlined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
In our Preschool, children between the ages of 1 and 2 come daily for a three hour action packed lesson. Our program gives your child more flexibility in thinking, greater sensitivity to language, a better ear for listening, and prepares him or her for the challenges of our International Kindergarten. Under the careful guidance of our elite, specially trained Teachers, children develop at their own pace, and learn that school can be an unending adventure.
We offer small class sizes and excellent teacher-child ratios. With this, teachers are able to spend more time with individual students as well as the group, and communicate often with parents to extend the bridge between home and school. Click here for the Daily Schedule.
About The "8-SMART" Teaching Method
Our curriculum is aligned with the US Department of Education's Common-Core
Standards, and follows the principal guidelines for developmentally appropriate practices set
forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). Our teaching
method is based on extensive research and inspired by the work of respected
development/early education theorists Jean Piaget, Erik Erikson and Lev Vygotsky, and inspired
by Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences. We've arranged these multiple
intelligences into eight distinct ways that kids can be SMART;
- WordSmart: Likes to read, write and tell stories and excels at learning and using new words.
- MathSmart: Explores patterns and numbers, and enjoys figuring out how things work.
- BodySmart: Uses body language, loves to move and play sports, excels at dancing and other physical activity
- Picture-DesignSmart: "The visualizer" loves to understand maps, draw, build, design and create.
- MusicSmart: Has a natural sense of rhythm, and enjoys singing, playing instruments and listening to music.
- NatureSmart: Likes to be outside and care for living things.
- PeopleSmart: "The socializer" likes to work in groups, pretend to be someone else, and is sensitive to the feelings of others.
- SelfSmart: Likes to be introspective, is in-tune with their personal feelings and thoughts and enjoys working alone.
Our curriculum gives children the tools they need to grow and develop into the leaders of tomorrow. Along with a strong emphasis on mathematics and literacy skills, our program gives children a framework they can use throughout school - they learn to love learning.
Free Daily Extended Childcare Until 6PM If you are a working parent, and would like to use Princeton Academy's FREE Extended Childcare Service, we ask that you register your child as a member at the time of entrance to the school, or as soon as possible, thereafter. Space is very limited, and some restrictions do apply. NOTE: Non-Members are charged per hour at the regular rate. Extended Childcare Registration Form and Information